Join the Canadian Fossil Discovery Centre for the summer as a Youth Program Coordinator. Experience Manitoba’s prehistoric past and educate children as you introduce them to the marine reptiles that lived here 83 million years ago. Gain valuable teaching and organization skills in education and children’s
programming. This position is available through the Green Team Program.
1. Direct kids through an exciting and educational summer as you introduce them to Palaeontology in a fun and engaging way. Youth Program Coordinators will organize and run day camps for the months of July and August. This includes organizing day camp sign up and scheduling, as well as leading activities and crafts.
2. Help in the organization of various museum programs including tours, festivals (specially Corn & Apple Festival) and outreach events via the museums online calendar. Youth Program Coordinators will be required to lead museum tours for school groups and the occasional family.
3. Assist in the necessary tasks around the museum, such as the gift shop and admissions.
- Organize and schedule summer day camps.
- Assist in advertising camps to the community.
- Facilitate the efficient operation of daily day camp activities.
- Lead children in activities and games.
- Conduct exciting and informative tours.
- Participate in CFDC promotional events and programs.
- Assist with the admissions desk and gift shop.
Start date: June 1st, 2023.
End date: August 31st, 2023.
Hours: 35/week. This position may include work on the occasional weekend.
- First aid and CPR certificates (or willingness to obtain them).
- Submit to a child abuse registry check and criminal record check.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Prior experience with children is recommended but not required.
Please submit your resume along with a cover letter:
Canadian Fossil Discovery Centre
111-B Gilmour Street
Morden, MB R6M 1N9